Monday, February 21, 2011

Vacation Time

Cole, his dad and I spent a long weekend in Palm Springs at the end of January. Perfect timing as it was cold and rainy in Sacramento. Our Southern California weather was sunny and warm, in the high 70's during the day and just what my camera needed. There were so many bright colors and I was so thankful to be away from dreary grey skies. My favorite part of our weekend was spending a couple hours at The Salton Sea. I've always wanted to go (no idea why) and when I saw we were only 40 minutes away we hopped in the car and made it for sunset. The place is eery. It really is. It's extremely humid and sticky because of all the saline in the water. The creepiest part is all the dead fish...yes. Dead fish. We had to hike through a dead fish and bones graveyard to get to a rocky point to set up the tripod. Pretty gross. On our way home we stopped in West Hollywood to enjoy some last minute sunshine, a gorgeous view and lunch. Not a bad way to end an awesome trip. 

West Hollywood

Downtown LA


Perfect sandal weather


The Salton Sea is actually pretty creepy in this light... 


Salty Mist


Very "Hills Have Eyes" if you ask me... 


There were dead fish everywhere at the sea

Beer time at tee time





No comments:

Post a Comment